Here is my first “experiment” with oil pastel crayons:
This painting has a neon yellow background, and more tones of foreground colors. The scanned image does not show them properly, also you can’t see but there is a layer of resin over it.
This one is based on a photo of a friend of mine; a rape field near Berlin. Thanks to Jens for the inspiration!
My new color laserjet has arrived yesterday, so I had to make good use of it quick. I’ve used my earlier Barcelona sunset photo, bought some transfer solution and scrabbed the image on the wooden box I keep my charcoal/graphite drawing set in:
It’s not rocket science – print the mirrored image, lay it on the surface and use some masking tape to keep it in place. Gently go thorugh the surface with a q-tip and use an old plastic card to scratch the paint particles on the surface of the wood. Note: laminated surfaces (which cannot absorb the excess liquid won’t work, i’ve tried), also use a mask and good ventillation if you don’t want to get high from the stuff. It smells like orange btw!
Here is how it looks like during the process:
After you are done applying the solution and scratching the photo to it’s new location, gently remove the paper and apply some protective coating on the surface.
The orinal photo as reference:
Note: this won’t work with inkjet prints, for that you’ll need a tranfer gel medium.
My first try with watercolor painting was about getting familiar with the specal paper and some advices I’ve seen in youtube tutorials. It’s funny to note – 10m youtube videos tought me more of the technique than more of my teachers in the elementary school during more years…
I’ve used aqua brushes I’ve just received from China. They are great! The biggest challange was to realise I need to screw them the opposite way 🙂 .